Use icebox in a sentence
- a cabinet, box, or room with ice in it for keeping foods, etc., cold
- Old-fashioned a similar cabinet or room operating by mechanical refrigeration
- An insulated chest or box into which ice is placed, used for cooling and preserving food.
- A refrigerator.
- A box or compartment containing ice. [from 19th c.]
- (UK) A compartment in a refrigerator that is colder than the rest of the refrigerator and is used as a freezer.
- (US) A refrigerator. [from 20th c.]
- (US slang) A prison. [from 20th c.]
- agreeable, awesome. (as a superlative of cool)