- a sturdy, powerful vessel designed to cut channels through heavy ice
- a wedgelike structure for protecting a bridge pier, dock, etc. from floating ice
- anything serving to lessen formality or break down reserve
See icebreaker in American Heritage Dictionary 4
- Nautical A sturdy ship built for breaking a passage through icebound waters. Also called iceboat.
- A protective pier or dock apron used as a buffer against floating ice.
a. Something done or said to relax an unduly formal atmosphere or situation.
b. A beginning; a start.
Learn more about icebreaker