- a student of human nature and human affairs
- a student of the humanities
- an adherent of any system of humanism
- [H-] a follower of Humanism
Origin of humanistfrom French humaniste from Italian umanista (coined by L. Ariosto) from umano, a human from Classical Latin humanus, human
of humanism or the humanities
- A believer in the principles of humanism.
- One who is concerned with the interests and welfare of humans.
- a. A classical scholar.b. A student of the humanities.
- Humanist A Renaissance scholar devoted to Humanism.
From Middle French humaniste