- a student of human nature and human affairs
- a student of the humanities
- an adherent of any system of humanism
- a follower of Humanism
Origin of humanist; from French humaniste ; from Italian umanista (coined by L. Ariosto) ; from umano, a human ; from Classical Latin humanus, human
- A believer in the principles of humanism.
- One who is concerned with the interests and welfare of humans.
- a. A classical scholar.b. A student of the liberal arts.
- Humanist A Renaissance scholar devoted to Humanism.
From Middle French humaniste