- An example of hasten is what you do to the demise of a company when you post lots of negative reviews of a company that is going bankrupt.
- An example of hasten is when you volunteer right away for an exciting job.
The definition of hasten is to cause something to happen more quickly, or to be quick to do something.
to cause to be or come faster; speed up; accelerate
Origin of hastenextended form of haste, verb
to move or act swiftly; hurry
verbhas·tened, has·ten·ing, has·tens
To move or act swiftly. See Synonyms at speed.
- To cause to move or act swiftly: The guard hastened him out of the room.
- To cause to happen sooner than otherwise would be the case: negotiations that hastened the end of the war.
- To speed up; accelerate: fanned the wet paint to hasten drying.
(third-person singular simple present hastens, present participle hastening, simple past and past participle hastened)
From haste + -en.