A woman getting a haircut.
haircut definition by Webster's New World
- a cutting or clipping of the hair of the head
- the style in which the hair is cut
- haircutter noun
haircut definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- The act or an instance of cutting the hair.
- A style in which hair is cut.
- hairˈcutˌter noun
- hairˈcutˌting adjective & n.
haircut - Investment & Finance Definition
Formulas that reduce the value of any given security based on its class, market risk, or maturity date. Haircuts come into play when the borrowers become unable to make payments or repay the loan or when companies value the securities they hold.