- a woman's hairdo in which the hair is swept up high from the forehead, usually over a roll
- ⌂ a man's hairdo in which the hair is brushed up high from the forehead
Origin of pompadourafter Pompadour
- A woman's hairstyle formed by sweeping the hair straight up from the forehead into a high, turned-back roll.
- A man's hairstyle with the hair brushed up from the forehead.
Origin of pompadourAfter the Marquise de Pompadour.
, Marquise de. Title of Jeanne Antoinette Poisson. 1721–1764.
(third-person singular simple present pompadours, present participle pompadouring, simple past and past participle pompadoured)
- To style hair into a pompadour
From Pompadour, after Madame de Pompadour (1721-1764), mistress of Louis XV.