(third-person singular simple present forsets, present participle forsetting, simple past and past participle forset)
- (dialectal) To get in front of; intercept; waylay; entrap.
- (dialectal, figuratively) To upset; hinder.
- (dialectal) To beset; surround; invest; surround with difficulties; bar; impede.
- backset and forset
- (dialectal, chiefly Scotland) To overpower; give one too much of anything; surfeit.
- (dialectal, chiefly Scotland, by extension) To overburden or overpower with work; overwork; overtax.
- (dialectal) A strategem.