- Emasculate is defined as to deprive someone or something of its power and vigor, or to make a man unable to reproduce or to make a male feel like less of a man.
- When the court rules that a penalty portion of a given law is unconstitutional and thus makes it effectively impossible to enforce the law, this is an example of a time when the court emasculates.
- When a woman makes fun of her boyfriend for being a wimp and not being able to do the things a man should, this is an example of when she emasculates him.
emasculate definition by Webster's New World
- to deprive (a male) of the power to reproduce, as by removing the testicles; castrate; geld
- to destroy the strength or force of; weaken
Origin: ; from Classical Latin emasculatus, past participle of emasculare ; from e-, out plush masculus, masculine
emasculate definition by American Heritage Dictionary
transitive verb e·mas·cu·lat·ed, e·mas·cu·lat·ing, e·mas·cu·lates
- To castrate.
- To deprive of strength or vigor; weaken.
Origin: Latin ēmasculāre, ēmasculāt- : ē-, ex-, ex- + masculus, male, diminutive of mās, male, man.
- e·masˌcu·laˈtion noun
- e·masˈcu·laˌtive, e·masˈcu·la·toˌry adjective
- e·masˈcu·laˌtor noun