Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio.
noun pl. countrymen
- a man who lives in the country
- a person of one's own country; compatriot
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- A person from one's own country; a compatriot.
- A native or inhabitant of a particular country.
- A man who lives in the country or has country ways.