countryman [kun′trē mən]
noun pl. countrymen
- a man who lives in the country
- a person of one's own country; compatriot
- A person from one's own country; a compatriot.
- A native or inhabitant of a particular country.
- A man who lives in the country or has country ways.
- Somebody from a certain country.
- Somebody from one's own country.
- country dweller, especially a follower of country pursuits
- (Ireland, traveller) a settled person, as opposed to a traveller
How would you define countryman? Add your definition here.
comments powered by