- simple past tense and past participle of console
The definition of consoled means to have comforted.
An example of consoled is to have been by someone's side during a very difficult moment in life to give them comfort.
- "It's all right," she consoled him.
- From the expression on his face, he wasn't consoled by the answer.
- Once he would have wiped it away and consoled her.
- Matthew whined while Carmen cuddled him, and Natalie couldn't be consoled until Alex lifted her from the carriage.
- Bianca's accommodating husband was given court employment, and consoled himself with other ladies; in 157 2 he was murdered in the streets of Florence in consequence of some amorous intrigue, though possibly Bianca and Francesco were privy to the deed.