- simple past tense and past participle of console
The definition of consoled means to have comforted.
An example of consoled is to have been by someone's side during a very difficult moment in life to give them comfort.
- "It's all right," she consoled him.
- From the expression on his face, he wasn't consoled by the answer.
- Once he would have wiped it away and consoled her.
- Matthew whined while Carmen cuddled him, and Natalie couldn't be consoled until Alex lifted her from the carriage.
- While still in her teens, she made a lover of Alexius Shubin, a sergeant in the Semenovsky Guards, and after his banishment to Siberia, minus his tongue, by order of the empress Anne, consoled herself with a handsome young Cossack, Alexius Razumovski, who, there is good reason to believe, subsequently became her husband.