- the aesthetic principles or qualities regarded as characteristic of ancient Greece and Rome; objectivity, formality, balance, simplicity, restraint, etc.
- adherence to such principles
- knowledge of the literature, art, and culture of ancient Greece and Rome; classical scholarship
- a Greek or Latin idiom or expression
- Aesthetic attitudes and principles manifested in the art, architecture, and literature of ancient Greece and Rome and characterized by emphasis on form, simplicity, proportion, and restraint.
- Adherence to the aesthetic values embodied in ancient Greek and Roman art and literature.
- Classical scholarship.
- A Greek or Latin expression or idiom.
(countable and uncountable, plural classicisms)