- When someone is always giving his lover flowers, cards and poems he wrote, this is an example of romanticism.
- An 18th century movement in art during which romantic poets such as Thomas Chatterton produced poetry is an example of romanticism.
- romantic spirit, outlook, tendency, etc.
- Romantic Movement
- the spirit, attitudes, style, etc. of, or adherence to, the Romantic Movement or a similar movement
- often Romanticism An artistic and intellectual movement originating in Europe in the late 1700s and characterized by a heightened interest in nature, emphasis on the individual's expression of emotion and imagination, departure from the attitudes and forms of classicism, and rebellion against established social rules and conventions.
- Romantic quality or spirit in thought, expression, or action.
- A romantic quality, spirit or action
- 18th Century artistic and intellectual movement which stressed emotion, freedom and individual imagination.