- Eloquence is defined as being good with words and expressing things in a pleasing or persuasive manner.
An example of eloquence is a style or trait of a great author who writes beautiful and books and who is a great public speaker.
eloquence definition by Webster's New World
- speech or writing that is vivid, forceful, fluent, graceful, and persuasive
- the art or manner of such speech or writing
- persuasive power
Origin: Middle English and amp; Old French ; from Classical Latin eloquentia: see eloquent
eloquence definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- a. Persuasive, powerful discourse.b. The skill or power of using such discourse.
- The quality of persuasive, powerful expression.