- The definition of clarity is the quality or condition of being clear or easy to understand.
- The air at the top of a mountain on a clear day is an example of clarity.
- Easy to follow directions are an example of clarity.
the quality or condition of being clear; clearness
Origin of clarityMiddle English clarite ; from Old French clarte ; from Classical Latin claritas ; from clarus, clear
- Clearness of appearance: the clarity of the mountain air.
- Clearness of thought or style; lucidity: writes with clarity and perception.
Origin of clarityMiddle English clarite, brightness, from Latin clāritās, clearness, from clārus, clear; see clear.
(usually uncountable, plural clarities)
Middle English claritee, from Old French clarté, from Latin claritas, from clarus (“clear”).