- The definition of a cheep is a short, high-pitched sound made by a baby bird.
An example of a cheep is the sound made by a chick.
Cheep is the sound a baby chick makes.
Origin of cheepechoic
intransitive verbcheeped, cheep·ing, cheeps
Origin of cheepImitative.
(third-person singular simple present cheeps, present participle cheeping, simple past and past participle cheeped)
- Of a small bird, to make short, high-pitched sounds sounding like "cheep".
- To give expression to in a chirping tone.
- A short, high-pitched sound made by a small bird.
- The short, high-pitched sound made by a small bird.