- to chirp repeatedly
- to make a series of sharp, sucking sounds with the lips, as in urging a horse on
Origin of chirrupvariant, variety of chirp
verbchir·ruped, chir·rup·ing, chir·rups
- To utter a series of chirps.
- To make clucking or clicking sounds with the lips, as in urging on a horse.
- To sound with chirps.
- To make clucking sounds to.
- A series of chirps.
- A series of clucks or clicking sounds, such as those made to urge on a horse.
Origin of chirrupVariant of chirp.
(third-person singular simple present chirrups, present participle chirruping, simple past and past participle chirruped)
- A series of chirps, clicks or clucks