- The definition of a tweet is a status update consisting of 140 characters or less on Twitter.
An example of tweet is someone typing that they are "going out for pizza" in their "What's Happening?" text box on Twitter.
Origin of tweetechoic
- A weak chirping sound, as of a young or small bird.
- A message posted on Twitter. Tweets are limited to 140 characters.
intransitive verbtweet·ed, tweet·ing, tweets
- To utter a weak chirping sound.
- To write a tweet on Twitter.
Origin of tweetImitative.
(third-person singular simple present tweets, present participle tweeting, simple past tweeted or twote (internet), past participle tweeted or twoten (internet))
- (intransitive) To make a short high-pitched sound, like that of certain birds.
- (intransitive, Internet) To post an update to Twitter.
Onomatopoeic of the sound made by a bird.