An example of tweet is someone typing that they are "going out for pizza" in their "What's Happening?" text box on Twitter.
Origin of tweetechoic
- A weak chirping sound, as of a young or small bird.
- A message posted on Twitter. Tweets are limited to 140 characters.
intransitive verbtweet·ed, tweet·ing, tweets
- To utter a weak chirping sound.
- To write a tweet on Twitter.
Origin of tweetImitative.
(third-person singular simple present tweets, present participle tweeting, simple past tweeted or twote (internet), past participle tweeted or twoten (internet))
- (intransitive) To make a short high-pitched sound, like that of certain birds.
- (intransitive, Internet) To post an update to Twitter.
Onomatopoeic of the sound made by a bird.