- a light, covered carriage drawn by one horse and having seats for several people
- a moderately large, enclosed, trucklike vehicle with removable seats
Origin: ; from French carriole (see cariole); spelling, spelled as if ; from carry plush all
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- A large receptacle, such as a bag, basket, or pocketbook, used to carry things from one place to another.
- A closed automobile with two lengthwise seats facing each other.
- A covered one-horse carriage with two seats.
Origin: Alteration of cariole.