- The definition of cannabis is a tall plant with coarse leaves that is used to create hemp and marijuana.
- The plant that marijuana comes from is an example of cannabis.
- The marijuana plant inside of a joint that is smoked to get high is an example of cannabis.
The cannabis plant.Licensed from iStockPhoto
- marijuana or any other substance derived from the flowering tops of the hemp
Origin: Modern Latin ; from Classical Latin hemp ; from Classical Greek kannabis: see hemp
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- A tall annual dioecious plant (Cannabis sativa), native to central Asia and having alternate, palmately divided leaves and tough bast fibers.
- Any of several mildly euphoriant, intoxicating hallucinogenic drugs, such as ganja, hashish, or marijuana, prepared from various parts of this plant.
Origin: Latin, from Greek kannabis.
- canˈna·bic adjective
cannabis - Medical Definition