- an imagined substance to which the phenomena of burning and oxidation were formerly attributed
- Archaic heat
Origin: French calorique ; from Classical Latin calor: see calorie
- of heat
- of or pertaining to calories
- calorically adverb
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Of or relating to heat: the caloric effect of sunlight.
- Of or relating to calories: the caloric content of foods.
Origin: French calorique, from Latin calor, heat; see kelə-1 in Indo-European roots.
- ca·lorˈi·cal·ly adverb
caloric - Medical Definition
- Of or relating to calories.
- Of or relating to heat.