- The definition of a bullet is a small ball or cone-shaped projectile which is shot from a gun, or a solid dot at the beginning of a line of type for emphasis.
An example of a bullet is what is shot from a rifle.
A revolver and the bullets it uses.
bullet definition by Webster's New World
- a small ball or cone-shaped missile of lead, metal alloy, etc., to be shot from a firearm
- loosely a bullet in its casing; cartridge
- anything like a bullet in shape, action, etc.
- a solid dot used as at the beginning of a line for emphasis
- ☆ a bullet-shaped symbol used to indicate a rapid increase in sales and airplay of musical recordings, videos, etc.
Origin: French boulette, diminutive of boule, a ball ; from Classical Latin bulla: see bull
bullet definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- a. A usually metal projectile in the shape of a pointed cylinder or a ball that is expelled from a firearm, especially a rifle or handgun.b. Such a projectile in a metal casing; a cartridge.
- An object resembling a projectile in shape, action, or effect.
- Printing A heavy dot ( • ) used to highlight a particular passage.
Origin: French boulette, diminutive of boule, ball, from Old French, from Latin bulla.