- an apparatus for heating or warming a room, car, water, etc.; stove, furnace, radiator, etc.
- a person whose work is to heat something
- in an electron tube, an element set inside the cathode and heated by an electric current so that it indirectly heats the cathode to the temperature at which it will give off electrons
- Slang a pistol
- Baseball, Slang a fastball
- An apparatus that heats or provides heat.
- One who heats something or tends a heating apparatus.
- Slang A pistol.
- Baseball A fastball.
- A device that produces and radiates heat, typically to raise the temperature of a room or building.
- Turn on the heater; I'm cold.
- (dated, slang) A gun.
- The thug pumped two rounds from his heater into her.
- (baseball, slang) A fastball.
- Jones threw a heater under his chin.
- (gambling, slang) An extended winning streak.
- Emmy went on a heater in Las Vegas and came back six thousand dollars richer.
heat + -er