boiler definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- a container in which things are boiled or heated
- a tank in which water is turned to steam for heating or for power, as in a steam engine
- a tank for heating water and storing it
boiler definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- An enclosed vessel in which water is heated and circulated, either as hot water or as steam, for heating or power.
- A container, such as a kettle, for boiling liquids.
- A storage tank for hot water.