- The definition of a geyser is a natural hot spring that boils and lets out a large burst of water and steam from time to time.
An example of a geyser is Old Faithful in Yellowstone National Park.
A geyser in Iceland.
geyser definition by Webster's New World
- a spring from which columns of boiling water and steam gush into the air at intervals
- Brit. a small hot-water heater of the coil type
Origin: Icelandic Geysir, name of a certain hot spring in Iceland, literally , gusher ; from Old Norse gjosa, to gush
geyser definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- A natural hot spring that intermittently ejects a column of water and steam into the air.
- Chiefly British A gas-operated hot-water heater.
Origin: After Icelandic Geysir, name of a hot spring of southwest Iceland, from geysa, to gush, from Old Norse; see gheu- in Indo-European roots.
geyser - Science Definition