- a person or thing that sinks
- a lead weight used in fishing
- ⌂ Informal a doughnut
- ⌂ Baseball a pitched ball that drops downward sharply as it reaches home platesometimes called sink′er·ball·
- One that sinks, as a weight used for sinking fishing lines or nets.
- Slang A doughnut.
- Baseball A sinkerball.
- (fishing) A weight used in fishing to cause the line or net to sink
- Hook the sinker onto this loop.
- (baseball) Any of several high speed pitches that have a downward motion near the plate; a two-seam fastball, a split-finger fastball, or a forkball
- His sinkers drew one ground ball after another.
- (construction) Sinker nail, used for framing in current construction.
- (slang) A doughnut; a biscuit.
- In knitting machines, one of the thin plates, blades, or other devices, that depress the loops upon or between the needles.
sink + -er.