Variant of doughnut
- (North America) A deep-fried piece of dough or batter, commonly made in a toroidal or ellipsoidal shape, and mixed with various sweeteners and flavors, sometimes filled with jelly, custard or cream.
- (North America) Anything in the shape of a torus
- (North America, automobile) a peel-out or skid-mark in the shape of donut; a 360-degree skid.
- (North America) A spare tire, smaller than a full sized tire and is only intended for temporary use.
- A toroidal cushion typically used by hemorrhoid patients.
Rare until 1950s, increasingly popular since then, possibly influenced by spread of Dunkin' Donuts (founded 1950).
donut - Computer Definition
- Plus, the breakfasts tend to be much better than just a donut and a cup of coffee.
- Slide the cord (folded in half) through the donut and then run the cord through the loop, securing the cord around the donut.
- Instead, determine just how much exercise you need to do to walk off that chocolate-covered donut.
- For my design, I chose a reddish brown donut and a red plastic carved bead.
- Sport some Groovy Love, Donut, Mod Dog or Woodstock flannel pajamas.