of Persia, ancient or modern, or its people, language, or culture
- a person born or living in Persia
- any of a breed of domestic cat, thought to have originated in Asia Minor, having a stocky build, a long, thick coat, and a broad, round head with a very short muzzlealso Persian cat
Of or relating to Persia or Iran, or to their peoples, languages, or cultures.
- A native or inhabitant of Persia or Iran.
- Any of the forms of the national language of medieval and modern Iran as written and spoken from about the ninth century AD to modern times, and widely used as a language of culture in Central and South Asia, especially:a. The western dialect of this language that is the national language of modern Iran. Also called Farsi .b. The eastern dialect of this language spoken in Afghanistan and Pakistan. Also called Dari .
- A domestic cat of a large breed originally from the Middle East, having a long flowing coat and a broad head with a snub nose.
- Persian is the name applied to the official language of Iran. This language is also spoken in Tajikistan and some parts of Afghanistan.
- The name "Farsi" (the local name for Persian) has developed currency in English to refer to the dialect spoken in Iran. Afghans usually call it Dari, and the version spoken in Tajikistan is called Tajiki Persian or simply Tajiki.
(comparative more Persian, superlative most Persian)
- Of, from, or pertaining to Persia.
- Of or pertaining to the Persian people.
- Of or pertaining to the Persian language.