(i rā′nē ən, -rä′-; occas. ī-)
- of Iran or its people, language, or culture
- of the Iranian branch of Indo-European
- a member of the people of Iran; Persian
- the group of languages making up the Iranian branch, Indo-Iranian subfamily, of the Indo-European language family, including languages now spoken in the Plateau of Iran and a small area of the Caucasus: among the extant languages of the group are Farsi (Persian), Kurdish, and Pashto
See Iranian in American Heritage Dictionary 4
Of or relating to Iran or its people, language, or culture. noun
- A native or inhabitant of Iran.
- A branch of the Indo-European language family that includes Persian, Kurdish, Pashto, and other languages of Iran, Afghanistan, and western Pakistan.