- The definition of a briefing is a report or the act of giving a report.
An example of a briefing is the daily update a president gets on an ongoing war.
briefing definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- the act or an instance of supplying pertinent instructions or information
- the information so supplied
briefing definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- The act or an instance of giving instructions or preparatory information to someone.
- A meeting at which such information is presented.
- The information conveyed at such a meeting.