- the act or an instance of supplying pertinent instructions or information
- the information so supplied
The definition of a briefing is a report or the act of giving a report.
An example of a briefing is the daily update a president gets on an ongoing war.
- The act or an instance of giving instructions or preparatory information to someone.
- A meeting at which such information is presented.
- The information conveyed at such a meeting.
- Present participle of brief.
- The Associated Press Stylebook and Briefing on Media Law, also referred to as the AP Stylebook, is a guide that is published each June.
- You gonna make the intel briefing this morning in an hour?
- It wasn't Ne'Rin that greeted him for his daily briefing but the woman herself.