- the act of guiding; direction; leadership
- something that guides
- advice or assistance, as that given to students by vocational or educational counselors
- the process of directing the course of a spacecraft, missile, etc.
An example of guidance is advice given to a medical intern by the hospital's Chief of Staff.
- The act or process of guiding.
- Counseling, such as that provided for students seeking advice about vocational and educational matters.
- Any of various processes for guiding the path of a vehicle or missile, by means of built-in equipment.
- A document providing official guidelines for implementing a policy: a new guidance regarding nondiscriminatory hiring practices.
guidance - Investment & Finance Definition
Information provided by company officials about the company’s outlook for future sales, earnings, and product expectations. Guidance can be positive or negative, and is watched very closely by analysts and investors because it is often a strong indicator of that company’s future performance.
- They need all the help and guidance they can get.
- I had no real power and absolutely no guidance from you or anyone else on what my role was.
- There is no guidance in the conception.
- Andre had been his confidante and mentor whose guidance had helped him navigate his role as the Immortals. leader.
- Effie looked to Dean, as if for guidance, but said nothing.