This fence forms a boundary.
The definition of a boundary is a line or something else that marks a limit or border.
An example of boundary is a barbed wire fence.
any line or thing marking a limit; bound; border
Origin of boundarybound + -ary
- Something that indicates a border or limit.
- The border or limit so indicated.
- The dividing line or location between two areas.
- (cricket) An edge or line marking an edge of the playing field.
- (cricket) An event whereby the ball is struck and either touches or passes over a boundary (with or without bouncing), usually resulting in an award of 4 (a four) or 6 (a six) runs respectively for the batting team.
- (topology) (of a set) the set of points in the closure of a set , not belonging to the interior of that set.
Old French, from Latin