- Heated to or past the boiling point: a kettle of boiling water.
- Very angry or upset; seething.
Used as an intensive: fainted because it was boiling hot; boiling mad over the mistake.
- Present participle of boil.
(comparative more boiling, superlative most boiling)
- That boils or boil.
- boiling kettle
- boiling' oil
- (of a thing, informal, hyperbolic) Extremely hot or active.
- The radiator is boiling - I'm going to turn it down a bit.
- (of a person, informal, hyperbolic) Feeling uncomfortably hot.
- I'm boiling - can't we open a window?
- (of the weather, hyperbolic) Very hot.
- It's boiling out today!
- (of adjectives associated with heat) Extremely
- He was boiling mad.