- of or connected with biology; of plants and animals
- of the nature of living matter
- used in or produced by practical biology
- related genetically rather than by adoption: her biological father
- The definition of biological is something that relates to life or living.
An example of biological is water helping the kidneys flush waste and toxins from the body.
- Biological is defined as a blood relation.
An example of biological is a mother and her son to whom she gave birth.
a biopharmaceutical product
- Of, relating to, caused by, or affecting life or living organisms: biological processes such as growth and digestion.
- Having to do with biology.
- Related by genetic lineage: the child's biological parents; his biological sister.
- Being male or female by having the chromosomes for that sex: a biological female.
- Of or relating to biological weapons: biological warfare.
- biology + -ical
- He's not your biological father?
- It was time to accept that they would never have biological children.
- In the Origin of Species, and in his other numerous and important contributions to the solution of the problem of biological evolution, Darwin confined himself to the discussion of the causes which have brought about the present condition of living matter, assuming such matter to have once come into existence.
- Alex was uneasy because he and his biological father had never seen eye to eye.
- The town hall, Athenaeum and museum are noteworthy buildings, the last having a fine biological collection.