biological[bī′ə läj′i kəl]
- The definition of biological is something that relates to life or living.
An example of biological is water helping the kidneys flush waste and toxins from the body.
- Biological is defined as a blood relation.
An example of biological is a mother and her son to whom she gave birth.
- of or connected with biology; of plants and animals
- of the nature of living matter
- used in or produced by practical biology
- related genetically rather than by adoption: her biological father
- Of, relating to, caused by, or affecting life or living organisms: biological processes such as growth and digestion.
- Having to do with biology.
- Related by genetic lineage: the child's biological parents; his biological sister.
- Being male or female by having the chromosomes for that sex: a biological female.
- Of or relating to biological weapons: biological warfare.