The definition of ontological is an argument relating to being or existing, or relating to the argument that God must exist since people can fathom the existence of a God.
An example of something ontological is an argument in a paper supporting Christianity.
- Of or relating to ontology.
- Of or relating to essence or the nature of being.
- Of or relating to the argument for the existence of God holding that the existence of the concept of God entails the existence of God.
- Of, or relating to, ontology.
Variant of ontology
- the branch of metaphysics dealing with the nature of being, reality, or ultimate substance
- pl. ontologies a particular theory about being or reality
Origin of ontologyModern Latin ontologia: see onto- and amp; -logy