An example of something bestial is a brutal fight where the participants began clawing and biting each other.
- of beasts or lower animals
- like a beast in qualities or behavior; brutish or savage; brutal, coarse, vile, etc.
Origin of bestialMiddle English and Old French from Late Latin bestialis from Classical Latin bestia, beast
- Of or resembling a beast: a bestial roar.
- Marked by brutality or depravity; brutal or depraved: capable of the most bestial acts imaginable.
Origin of bestialMiddle English from Old French from Late Latin bēstiālis from Latin bēstia beast
(comparative more bestial, superlative most bestial)
- (literally and figuratively) Beast-like
Old French bestial, from Latin bēstiālis, from bēstia (“beast”) (whence English beast).