- The definition of bestial is savage, or like a beast or wild animal.
An example of something bestial is a brutal fight where the participants began clawing and biting each other.
- of beasts or lower animals
- like a beast in qualities or behavior; brutish or savage; brutal, coarse, vile, etc.
Origin: Middle English and amp; Old French ; from Late Latin bestialis ; from Classical Latin bestia, beast
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Marked by brutality or depravity.
- Lacking in intelligence or reason; subhuman.
Origin: Middle English, from Old French, from Late Latin bēstiālis, from Latin bēstia, beast.
- besˈtial·ly adverb