- The definition of an assessment is a test or analysis.
An example of an assessment is the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT).
- An assessment is defined as a declaration of the value of a property, often for tax purposes.
An example of an assessment is a written document with the appraisal amount of your home.
- Assessment means something that is determined that must be paid.
An example of an assessment is the amount of money that you must pay in tax for your land.
assessment definition by Webster's New World
- the act or an instance of assessing
- an amount assessed
assessment definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- The act of assessing; appraisal.
- An amount assessed, as for taxation.
assessment - Business Definition
- The amount of money owed. For example, a taxpayer receives an assessment from the Internal Revenue Service for $2,000 in additional taxes.
- Judgment of a situation. For example, a firm decides to forgo a merger because of the company president's negative assessment of the other firm's product mix.