- The definition of an assessment is a test or analysis.
An example of an assessment is the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT).
- An assessment is defined as a declaration of the value of a property, often for tax purposes.
An example of an assessment is a written document with the appraisal amount of your home.
- Assessment means something that is determined that must be paid.
An example of an assessment is the amount of money that you must pay in tax for your land.
- the act or an instance of assessing
- an amount assessed
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- The act of assessing; appraisal.
- An amount assessed, as for taxation.
assessment - Business Definition
- The amount of money owed. For example, a taxpayer receives an assessment from the Internal Revenue Service for $2,000 in additional taxes.
- Judgment of a situation. For example, a firm decides to forgo a merger because of the company president's negative assessment of the other firm's product mix.
assessment - Computer Definition
Computer Desktop Encyclopedia
THIS DEFINITION IS FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY
All other reproduction is strictly prohibited without permission from the publisher.
© 1981-2014 The Computer Language Company Inc. All rights reserved.