- Arouse is defined as to inspire awareness or excitement.
An example of the word arouse is when a teacher creates an excitement in students about learning.
- The definition of arouse is to awake.
An example of arouse is when a parent wakes a child to get him out of bed in the morning.
arouse definition by Webster's New World
- to awaken, as from sleep
- to stir, as to action or strong feeling
- to evoke (some action or feeling); excite: to arouse pity
Origin: a-, intensive plush rouse
- arousal noun
arouse definition by American Heritage Dictionary
verb a·roused, a·rous·ing, a·rous·es verb, transitive
- To awaken from or as if from sleep.
- To stir up; excite: The odd sight aroused our curiosity. See Synonyms at provoke.
- To stimulate sexual desire in.
Origin: From rouse, on the model of such pairs as rise, arise.
- a·rousˈal noun