- The act of arousing or the state of being aroused.
- Sexual arousal.
- Some people get sexual arousal from the depiction of feet.
- A physiological and psychological state of being awake or reactive to stimuli, including elevated heart rate and blood pressure and a condition of sensory alertness, mobility and readiness to respond.
arouse + -al
Variant of arouse
transitive verbaroused, arousing
- to awaken, as from sleep
- to stir, as to action or strong feeling
- to evoke (some action or feeling); excite: to arouse pity
Origin of arousea-, intensive + rouse
to become aroused