appointee[ə po̵in′tē′, ap′o̵in tē′]
a person appointed to some position
- One who is appointed, as to an office or position.
- Law One to whom a power of appointment of property is granted.
- a person who is appointed
- The ambassador is a political appointee, not a career diplomat.
French appointé, from appointer.
appointee - Legal Definition
- One who is appointed or assigned to a position or a public or private office or to perform a task.
- One who will receive property pursuant to a power of appointment. See also power of appointment.