The definition of an addressee is the intended recipient of something or the person to whom a verbal or written statement is to be delivered.
An example of the word addressee is the name on a piece of mail showing who should receive the mail.
The one to whom something is addressed.
address + -ee
- Addressee - Write the name of the addressee, title or position of the person you are sending the letter to and include the company or organization name and full mailing address.
- Interactive: Delight the addressee with something a little different by sending out a card with a Christmas game, trivia quiz, or point-and-click activity on the first page.
- This includes all those to whom the memo is addressed, along with stakeholders (the people the memo may affect) and anyone with whom the addressee may share the memo.
- Instead, finish the letter by stating that you feel contacting this person or company will be a positive move for the addressee.
- Be sure to include contact information so the addressee knows how to contact the person or business being introduced.