Indefinitely is defined as something that is done, or that will go on, for an undetermined period of time.
When you are traveling through Europe for some indefinite time with no expected return date, this is an example of a situation where you are traveling indefinitely.
in an indefinite manner; specif., without a foreseeable end or limit
- The induction, however, continues to increase indefinitely, though very slowly.
- In the case of imperfect gases, all the available experimental evidence shows that the specific volume tends towards its ideal value, V =Re/p, in the limit, when the pressure is indefinitely reduced and the molecules are widely separated so as to eliminate the effects of their mutual actions.
- Science would solve everything, prosperity would grow indefinitely, and people would thrive.
- The first moment of a plane figure with regard to a line in its plane may be regarded as obtained by dividing the area into elementary strips by a series of parallel lines indefinitely close together, and concentrating the area of each strip at its centre.
- Repeating the process with the arcs AC and CB, and continuing the repetition indefinitely, we divide up the required area and the remainder of the triangle ATB into corresponding elements, each element of the former being double the corresponding elements of the latter.