- Accused is defined as charged with a wrongdoing.
A person charged with robbery is an example of an individual accused of a crime.
- The definition of accused means to have charged someone with a wrongdoing.
Mary Warren, the woman who said that John Proctor was a witch during the Salem Witch Trials, is an example of someone who accused another person.
- Simple past tense and past participle of accuse.
- (law) The person charged with an offense; the defendant in a criminal case.
- (noun): Preceded by the word the.
(comparative more accused, superlative most accused)
- Having been accused; being the target of accusations.
- (noun): First attested in the 1590's.
accused - Legal Definition
- A person who is blamed for a wrongdoing.
- A person who has been arrested or formally charged by an indictment, information, or presentment with a crime.