- Of, relating to, or constituting woodland.
- Living, growing, or present in woodland: woodland flowers.
Origin of WoodlandFrom the woodland regions in which the culture flourished
(comparative more woodland, superlative most woodland)
- Of or pertaining to a creature or object growing, living, or existing in a woodland
- The woodland creatures ran from the fire.
- 1835, Nimrod's Hunting Tours, page 109:
- [...] understanding that their next fixture was in a very woodland country, and at a distance, I deferred this pleasure to another opportunity.
- 1871, George Gill, Fourth Reader, page 135:
- Shortly after leaving Swindon the main line enters Wiltshire, and runs through an extremely woodland district to Chippenham [...]