The definition of wondering is a feeling of questioning or curiosity.
If you are looking at someone and trying to puzzle out how much her shoes cost, this is an example of when you are wondering how much her shoes cost.
Feeling or expressing awe, admiration, amazement, or surprise.
- Present participle of wonder.
- The mental activity by which one wonders; a query, puzzlement, etc.
- The boy looked around him with wondering eyes.
- Right now he was wondering if he had chosen the right occupation.
- We were just wondering if maybe she said where she was going.
- That got me wondering about Annie too; she wasn't found for some time and the papers said she wasn't dead that long.
- Sofia's phone vibrated, and she pulled it out, wondering who had her number.