I hate that old witch.
- Glyptocephalus cynoglossus (Torbay sole), found in the North Atlantic.
- Lepidorhombus whiffiagonis (megrim), found in the North Atlantic.
- Arnoglossus scapha, found near New Zealand.
A witch is a woman who has supernatural powers and practices sorcery.
A witch is a mean, unkind women who people do not like.
Origin of witch
- Middle English wicche from Old English wicce witch and wicca wizard, sorcerer weg- in Indo-European roots
From American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition
- From Middle English wicche, from Old English wiÄ‹Ä‹e (“sorceress, witch") and wicca (“witch, sorcerer, warlock"), from Proto-Germanic *wikjÃ´ (“necromancer, waker of the dead") (compare West Frisian wikke (“witch"), Low German wikken, wicken (“to use witchcraft"), Old High German wÄ«han (“to consecrate"), Old English wiÄ¡le (“divination")), from Proto-Indo-European *weik- 'to choose, sacrifice, conjure'; akin to Latin victima (“sacrificial victim"), Lithuanian viekas (“life-force"), Sanskrit à¤µà¤¿à¤¨à¤•à¥à¤¤à¤¿ (vinÃ¡kti, “to sift, separate out").
- Compare wick.