the act or an instance of warming up
designating a garment, as a jacket, worn for exercising
- a. The act or procedure of warming up, especially in preparation for an athletic event.b. A period spent in warming up.c. warm-ups The exercises or activities used for warming up.
- warmups Clothing, such as a sweatsuit, designed to be worn before or after participation in an athletic event.
- Alternative spelling of warm-up.
- The act of exercising or stretching in preparation for strenuous activity
- If you don't do your warm-ups properly you have a greater chance of injury.
- Any act of preparation for a performance
- Drivers are allowed 5 minutes for warm-up before the race starts.
- A period of time allocated for performing warm-ups.
- Keep a sharp eye on the referee during warm-up to check out his mood.
- Attributive use of the noun
- My friend is playing in the warm-up band for the big show tonight.
- Bill crashed during the warm-up lap.
(third-person singular simple present warms up, present participle warming up, simple past and past participle warmed up)
- To make an audience enthusiastic or animated before a show
- Rich knew how to warm up the audience of The Price is Right. His good looks and charming personality made even that special.
- To reach a normal operating temperature (of a car for example)
- To reheat food
- (intransitive) To become warmer
- He came inside to warm up.
- (intransitive) To prepare for executing an already-learned activity by a limited amount of additional practice.
- They warmed up by throwing the ball around a few minutes.
- Microfiber T-shirts: For the sporty kid on a league, practice T-shirts are available in athletic fabrics made to wick sweat and look great.These tees are very similar to warm-up gear for other sports, and they have a crew neck.
- If you need to do a range of practical shopping, School Uniforms has the same warm-up suits and also a large selection of military camping gear, so you can have full military gear for all your outdoor activities.
- Level 3: Do your usual 5 minute warm-up and 90 minute alternating and then run for 3 minutes and walk for 2, then run for 5 minutes and walk for 2 and alternating 5/2 for the rest of your 30 minute routine.
- Today's athlete, fitness enthusiast or average person looking for casual gear will find a myriad of warm-up suits in modern fabrics designed to make your workouts as comfortable as possible.
- After a five to ten minute warm-up, the instructor will begin challenging the class by climbing hills, pedaling on flat roads and other moves designed to improve fitness and burn calories.