- The act, practice, or production of one that voices.
- Music Tonal quality or blend of an instrument in an ensemble, especially a jazz ensemble, or of the ensemble as a whole.
- Linguistics The vibration of the vocal cords during the production of speech or a speech sound.
- Present participle of voice.
- (music) the final regulation of the pitch and tone of any sound-producing entity, especially of an organ or similar musical instrument
- (music) a particular arrangement of notes to form a chord.
- (phonetics) the articulatory process in which the vocal cords vibrate
- (phonetics, phonology) a classification of speech sounds that tend to be associated with vocal cord vibration