Two women talking.
- The definition of talking is someone or something that is engaging in speech or conversation.
A baby doll that says "momma" is an example of a talking doll.
- Talking is engaging in speech or discussion.
When you say "I watched the news last night," and your friend says "How was it," this is an example of a situation where each of you are talking to the other.
- The action of the verb talk.
- It is usually better to solve problems by talking than by fighting.
- Present participle of talk.
- Alex was busy talking to a lady with a low-cut bodice.
- Yes, I heard you talking on it.
- I was talking with Morino until almost midnight.
- And then they were walking out the door, still talking about the mare.
- She would never have considered back-talking her parents.